Today, I think that is a hot topic Android OS Version "Donut". I read news online. But That is not an offical release, 2.0, from Android. I checked the release page,http://source.android.com/release-features. There are no news at this moment.
I have written an application which used HttpGet. I found I got a premission declined. Then I found in android security model, all applications have not a premission to access internet by default.
This line of code are needed to add in AndroidManifest.xml
I have installed Ubuntu Remix on my HP Mini 1000. But my speakers are no sounds at all. I have tried to change some configuration files which suggested in a forum. But that is no lucks at all. I gave up. And I found that is a bug reported in Ubuntu Remix webpage. I believe they will fix in the next version on Ubuntu Remix
Most of people know about how to install Apps from Android Market. But you can install non-market apps from SD Card.
1. You need to install "AppsInstaller" from Android Market. Please type its name in the search box, then you can find it.
2. Go to Settings -> Applications -> Checked "Unknon sources"
3. Connect your phone by USB and copy the ".apk" file to SD card.
4. Disconnect and open "AppsInstaller" (You must disconnect first, unless AppsInstaller can't find the ".apk").
5. Select the file and install it.