An ideal just hit my head. I am thinking to use a Code Generator to do the jobs of CMS(Content Management System). Normally, CMS need a database and a kind of web scritping (e.g. PHP, CGI and ASP). For some web sites are not changing so frequently, why don't we only use a Code Genrator to generate webpages from a set of XML files?
My ideal is to use a Code generator to generate HTML files from XML files and HTML templates. then the user will FTP HTML files to the server.Moreover, the generator can have some tracking changes functions. The generator will only upload the changed files.
In this way, the user can use some free hosting or lower prices hosting.
Do you agree with me?
As a IT person, have you though about the grift for your Mother? There are my suggestions:
- Open a online banking accounts for her. - It can save her banking fee
- A 3G Mobile - video calls , let her to see you, even we are working in office late and can't go home for dinner.
- Introduction book of computers - Converting her into a IT person too
- Install VOIP phone at home - let her make calls in a lower rate. If you are same as me, working oversea, this is extremely good idea.
- Write a web calendar for your family. Then the mother know who won't dinner at home tonight.
But the best grift, is we are getting out of our computers and dinner with her on this Sunday.